DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sanjay Dutt is prisoner number 16656 at Pune's Yerwada Jail
The actor will be given prescribed manual work job in due course after formalities of admission are over.
Pune: The new identity for Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt from Wednesday is prisoner number 16656 at Yerwada Central Jail in Pune where he was shifted from Mumbai's Arthur Road Prison following his surrender before a TADA court.
Dutt, whose conviction in 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case was upheld by the Supreme Court in March 2013, was brought to Yerwada Jail at the crack of dawn on Wednesday. He is lodged in a separate individual cell in view of his security needs, official sources said.
The Bollywood "Khalnayak", who later reinvented himself with 'Gandhigiri' as Munnabhai, will be spending about three and half years in prison. Sources said Dutt will be given prescribed manual work job in due course after formalities of admission are over. There will not be any special treatment to the actor except required due to the threat perception, they added.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar