Sanjay Dutt to complete shoot of 'Policegiri': producer
With only a few days left at his disposal, Sanjay Dutt is concentrating on completing the shoot of 'Policegiri'.
Mumbai: With only a few days left at his disposal before he returns to jail to complete his five-year sentence in the 1993 serial blasts case, actor Sanjay Dutt is concentrating on completing the shoot of 'Policegiri'.
On March 21, the apex court gave him four-week time to surrender.
As Dutt has already served 18 months in jail, he would have to undergo the imprisonment for three-and-a-half-years.
"He is on his way to shoot for 'Policegiri'. We have a climax scene to be shot. The shooting is taking place at Kamalistan Studio", Producer T P Agarwal told PTI.
"It is an action sequence that we have to shot. Also we have to dub for the film. So we would require approximately eight to ten days from him", he said.
Dutt today said that he will not seek pardon and would surrender within the time that the Supreme Court has given to him. The apex court had upheld his conviction in the 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts case.
'Policegiri' is a remake of 2003 super-hit Tamil film 'Saamy'. The Hindi version will be directed by renowned South director K S Ravikumar, which will mark his debut in Bollywood.
The 53-year-old Dutt will be paired opposite much younger Prachi Desai in the remake.
'Saamy' a potboiler on the life of a tough cop, was directed by Hari, starring actors Vikram and Trisha Krishnan in lead. The film was a huge hit down South and was remade in Telugu.
The shooting of the Hindi version reportedly began from August 22 last.
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Mukesh Ambani the Richest Indian With Net Worth of $22.7 Billion: Forbes
- Reliance Jio Infocomm Will Drive Innovation in Technology: Mukesh Ambani