Sanjay Gupta wants to cast John as 'Bollywood Rambo'
The film will be made on par with international standards with a contemporary linear treatment.
Mumbai: Actor John Abraham and director Sanjay Gupta will be teaming up for "an epic revenge saga" that promises to give Bollywood its own Rambo, the iconic Hollywood character.
After the box-office success of just-released 'Shootout at Wadala', Gupta and John are keen to come together again for a film which will be an epic revenge saga. It will be on the lines of Hollywood blockbusters like 'Kill Bill' and 'Django Unchained', a statement said here today.
The makers promise to give this untitled venture a similar status that actor Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal' enjoyed. It will see John doing some high adrenaline stunts.
"The revenge saga is on the lines of a Bollywood Rambo. When dabbling with the script the director could think of no one better than John to essay the role of the protagonist since he has the physique to carry off the character and is
synonymous with action," the statement said.
The film will be made on par with international standards with a contemporary linear treatment, it added. John, who emerged as an action hero post success of 2011 film 'Force', worked with Gupta for the first time in 'Shootout at Wadala', a crime thriller that also stars Anil Kapoor, Manoj Bajpai, Kangna Ranaut, Tusshar Kapoor and Sonu Sood.
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan Keeps Her Look Casual For Her Recent Public Appearance
- Kareena Kapoor Calls Herself a Selfie Queen
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya