Sanjay is a strong man; will undergo sentence, says his lawyer
Sanjay is a strong man and has accepted the punishment awarded by the Supreme Court, the actor's lawyer said.
Mumbai: Sanjay Dutt is a strong man and has accepted the punishment awarded by the Supreme Court "as it is", the actor's lawyer Satish Maneshinde said today.
Maneshinde, who represented Dutt at the trial in the 1993 blasts case in the TADA court, said he had spoken to the actor who will have to undergo three-and-a-half more years in jail.
"Sanjay Dutt told me I have accepted the judgement as it is. I have accepted it," Maneshinde said quoting the actor.
The lawyer said though they will pursue the legal course available, "I man not sure what relief he can claim".
"But Sanjay Dutt will abide by the apex court's order of undergoing the sentence of three-and-a-half years in letter and spirit. Three-and-a-half-years is not a long period," he said.
"We have prepared him (for sentence) from the very beginning. Sanjay Dutt is a strong man and will fight for himself," Maneshinde said.
Meanwhile, the actor himself remained closeted with his family at his penthouse in Pali Hill in suburban Bandra. A battery of media persons was present outside the building for the actor's comments but he has not obliged them so far.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3