DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sanjay is a strong man; will undergo sentence, says his lawyer
Sanjay is a strong man and has accepted the punishment awarded by the Supreme Court, the actor's lawyer said.
Mumbai: Sanjay Dutt is a strong man and has accepted the punishment awarded by the Supreme Court "as it is", the actor's lawyer Satish Maneshinde said today.
Maneshinde, who represented Dutt at the trial in the 1993 blasts case in the TADA court, said he had spoken to the actor who will have to undergo three-and-a-half more years in jail.
"Sanjay Dutt told me I have accepted the judgement as it is. I have accepted it," Maneshinde said quoting the actor.
The lawyer said though they will pursue the legal course available, "I man not sure what relief he can claim".
"But Sanjay Dutt will abide by the apex court's order of undergoing the sentence of three-and-a-half years in letter and spirit. Three-and-a-half-years is not a long period," he said.
"We have prepared him (for sentence) from the very beginning. Sanjay Dutt is a strong man and will fight for himself," Maneshinde said.
Meanwhile, the actor himself remained closeted with his family at his penthouse in Pali Hill in suburban Bandra. A battery of media persons was present outside the building for the actor's comments but he has not obliged them so far.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan