DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
G-20 Summit: PM, SA Prez may discuss Bharti-MTN deal
CNN-IBN's Sanjay Suri tells you what can be expected from the meeting.
Pittsburgh: The Bharti-MTN deal may be the topic of discussion between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and South African President Jacob Zuma when they meet for the G-20 summit.
The commercial part of the deal is now in place, but it has run into political hurdles and is now being dealt with at the political level.
Bharti managers have also met senior South African leaders and a treasury team from South Africa was invited to India.
The delegation met Indian regulatory officials at the SEBI Bhawan in Mumbai earlier on Thursday. The Indian delegation comprised of officials from the RBI, Sebi as well as the Finance Ministry.
The complex cross-border transaction has raised multiple legal issues. The transfer of large amounts of cash may bring the FEMA act into focus, while the dual listing demand will need possible amendments of the SEBI's listing agreements.
Now a meeting between heads of governments could deliver the necessary assurance which may help tilt the talks in the direction of an agreement.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?