DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
SAR Geelani taken into preventive custody by Delhi Police
Geelani, acquitted in the 2001 Parliament attack case, had said that the government did not inform Guru's family about the hanging.
New Delhi: SAR Geelani, who was acquitted in the 2001 Parliament attack case by the Supreme Court, was on Saturday taken into preventive custody by the Delhi Police. This after the key conspirator in the case - Afzal Guru - was hanged in Tihar Jail in the national capital on Saturday morning.
Geelani had, earlier in the day, said that the government did not inform Guru's family about the hanging. "The rejection of mercy petition is subject to judicial review. That opportunity should have been given to him. I am not sure what has happened," he had said.
Like Geelani, Chiefs of both factions of Hurriyat Conference - Syed Ali Shah Geelani and Mirwaiz Umer Farooq - were also placed under house arrest in New Delhi as a preventive measure following the hanging of Guru.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Melania Trump Slaps Away Donald Trump's Hand Upon Arriving In Israel
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- Sangakkara Announces Retirement From First Class Cricket