Sarabjit still on death row, says Pakistan
Sarabjit has on death row since he was convicted of triggering four blasts in 1990.
Lahore: Pakistan has denied that there is any change in the status of death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh.
Asked whether Sarabjit would be freed in exchange for some Pakistani prisoners being held in India, Foreign Office spokesman Mohammad Sadiq said "status quo was being maintained in the case of the Indian prisoner".
He declined to give further details.
Sarabjit Singh, an Indian citizen, has on death row since he was convicted of triggering four blasts in 1990 that killed 14 people in Pakistan.
Earlier, some reports on Tuesday claimed that he had been shifted from death row to a normal cell at Lahore's Kot Lakhpat prison, in an indication that he would not be hanged.
There was no official word on the development on Tuesday but sources had said that Punjab province's jail department had informed the Federal Interior Ministry about the shifting.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)