Rehman Malik invites Sarabjit's family to Pakistan
The sister of jailed Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh on Friday met Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik.
New Delhi: The sister of jailed Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh on Friday met Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik over the issue of clemency to her brother. The Pakistan minister invited Sarabjit's sister and her family to the country, and even assured visa for longer period for them.
The Pakistan Interior Minister, however, gave no assurance to India on the issue of Kargil martyr Captain Saurabh Kalia. Malik said that he would consider the evidence given to him on the issue.
Malik, who arrived in New Delhi on Friday evening, had said that he had come to the country to take the peace process between the two neighbours forward. Condemning the menace of terrorism, he had said that he did not want a repeat of attacks like 26/11 in India.
Malik said that Pakistan had also been a victim of terrorism and therefore it understood the pain of the families of terror victims. "Pakistan has lost 40,000 innocent people to terrorism. I want to pay condolences to the families who sufferred due to terrorism. India has also suffered due to terrorism. Pakistan and India have to be friends," insisted the Pakistan minister.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story
- First LookNew 2017 Toyota Prius First Look: Launches in India in January 2017