Sarabjit's sister meets him in Lahore jail
Sarabjit has been on death row since he was convicted for alleged involvement in four bomb blasts in 1990.
Jalandhar: The sister of Sarabjit Singh, an Indian national on death row in Pakistan, has met him for the second time in Lahore's Kot Lakhpat Jail, according to his daughter. Dalbir Kaur met Singh in the Jail on Friday and the two exchanged presents.
An emotional Singh sent wishes for his daughter's upcoming birthday. "He has also sent greeting cards for me and my sister," Singh's daughter Swapandeep said.
A Pakistani court had given permission to Kaur to meet her brother, sentenced to death for alleged involvement in bomb blasts in Pakistan's Punjab province, in jail on June 16 and again prior to her departure to India.
Kaur had arrived in Lahore on June 6 to meet Sarabjit and appeal to the Pakistan government for his release. She will be returning on July 5.
Sarabjit has been on death row since he was convicted for alleged involvement in four bomb blasts in 1990 that killed 14 people.
His family insists that he was wrongly convicted for the bombings. Though he was set to be hanged in 2008, Pakistani authorities put off his execution indefinitely after Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani intervened in the matter.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology