DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Chit fund scam: Sen remanded to judicial custody
Congress workers protested in Kolkata against TMC leader Kunal Ghosh, who is alleged to have links in the case.
Kolkata: West Bengal chit fund scam accused Sudipta Sen and Arvind Chauhan have been remanded to judicial custody till May 22. The court has reserved order on the third accused Debjani Mukherjee as she is in hospital.
Mukherjee was admitted after complaining of stomach ailment. Meanwhile, Congress workers protested in Kolkata against TMC leader Kunal Ghosh, who is alleged to have links in the case.
On Friday, the manager and three others of Tower Group, a chit fund company, were arrested at Arambag in Hoogly district. The police said, the manager of Tower Group, Somsubhra Chatterjee, and three other staff of a branch office at Arambag were arrested this noon on the charge of cheating people.
Police raided the office after nearly a hundred depositors complained against the four employees of the branch office. The depositors complained that they were being denied of their dues when they applied for premature withdrawl of money, sources said.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO