Chit fund scam: Sen remanded to judicial custody
Congress workers protested in Kolkata against TMC leader Kunal Ghosh, who is alleged to have links in the case.
Kolkata: West Bengal chit fund scam accused Sudipta Sen and Arvind Chauhan have been remanded to judicial custody till May 22. The court has reserved order on the third accused Debjani Mukherjee as she is in hospital.
Mukherjee was admitted after complaining of stomach ailment. Meanwhile, Congress workers protested in Kolkata against TMC leader Kunal Ghosh, who is alleged to have links in the case.
On Friday, the manager and three others of Tower Group, a chit fund company, were arrested at Arambag in Hoogly district. The police said, the manager of Tower Group, Somsubhra Chatterjee, and three other staff of a branch office at Arambag were arrested this noon on the charge of cheating people.
Police raided the office after nearly a hundred depositors complained against the four employees of the branch office. The depositors complained that they were being denied of their dues when they applied for premature withdrawl of money, sources said.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Slams Ton As Jharkhand Beat Chattisgarh
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards