DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB chit fund scam: Police to question more political leaders
The sources added that the police was seeking the help of the Interpol via agencies to solve the case.
Kolkata: Police sources on Tuesday indicated that more politicians apart from Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh will be questioned in connection with the West Bengal chit fund scam.
This would be done to probe if there is any proof of money exchanging hands amongst lobbyists and political leaders who assured Saradha promoter Sudipta Sen of political protection, the sources said.
The sources added that the police was seeking the help of the Interpol via agencies to decode the software used by Sen. Sources also told CNN-IBN that the company did not maintain any balance-sheet during 2010-2013.
The West Bengal Assembly, meanwhile, passed a new law on Tuesday that allows the state government to confiscate assets of chit fund companies that go bust.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande