WB chit fund scam: Police to question more political leaders
The sources added that the police was seeking the help of the Interpol via agencies to solve the case.
Kolkata: Police sources on Tuesday indicated that more politicians apart from Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh will be questioned in connection with the West Bengal chit fund scam.
This would be done to probe if there is any proof of money exchanging hands amongst lobbyists and political leaders who assured Saradha promoter Sudipta Sen of political protection, the sources said.
The sources added that the police was seeking the help of the Interpol via agencies to decode the software used by Sen. Sources also told CNN-IBN that the company did not maintain any balance-sheet during 2010-2013.
The West Bengal Assembly, meanwhile, passed a new law on Tuesday that allows the state government to confiscate assets of chit fund companies that go bust.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology