French Prez bitten by love bug, romances journalist
Sarkozy is romancing France's famous political journalist Laurence Ferrari.
New Delhi: He is the first French president to divorce his wife of 11 years while in office. And now Nicolas Sarkozy is romancing France's most famous political journalist Laurence Ferrari who in turn is divorcing her husband after 14 years of marriage.
Sarkozy snapped ties with wife Cecilia this October after she admitted to an affair with Richard Attias, a Morocco-born PR man while still married to the president. She was caught on camera romancing with the same man in New York two years ago.
Interestingly, Sarkozy as mayor of Neuilly in 1984 had presided over the marriage ceremony of Cecilia and Jacques Martin. Three years later he fell in love with her and both left their respective spouses to get married in 1996.
Now the whole of France is agog over his close relationship with Laurence Ferrari.
Ferrari has been spotted with Sarkozy enjoying candlelit meals. She is now a frequent visitor to the Elysee Palace, the official residence of Mr President.
But the notoriously cautious French media has refrained from reporting details. The country has strict privacy laws and the President is known to have got one editor sacked for similar publications.
And as an American news channel realised, he does not hesitate one bit when rubbed the wrong way.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Which One To Buy: Apple iPhone 7 Plus or Google Pixel XL
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues
- Gold Hits Over 3-Month Low On Global Cues, Muted Demand
- At paltry Rs 150 crore, gold bonds scheme fails to glitter
- PM's Diwali gifts: How to secure your gold through Centre's gold coin, monetisation and bond schemes