Saroj Khan to be felicitated at Mumbai Women's International Film Festival
Mumbai Women's International Film Festival aims to give women filmmakers a platform to showcase their talent.
Mumbai: Ace choreographer Saroj Khan will be felicitated at the Mumbai Women's International Film Festival (MWIFF), which starts from October 8.
The event aims to give women filmmakers a platform to showcase their talent. It is organised by Oculus Creations with the support of the Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC).
Saroj, known for her choreography in films like 'Devdas' and 'Jab We Met', has choreographed in over 200 films and Avinash Pawar, festival director, believes she is an inspiration for many aspiring dancers and upcoming choreographers.
"Being a woman who has been an inspiration to many and has achieved a remarkable position in the struggling and competitive film industry, the festival is honoured to have a persona like her," Pawar said in a statement.
The seven-day festival will also screen a documentary on the choreographer titled "The Saroj Khan Story" by Nidhi Tuli.
With more than 180 films to be screened and the launch of an award in the name of Fatma Begum, the country's first woman film director, the festival will be big fair of Indian and world cinema.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans