DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sathya Sai Baba's body to be kept for two days
Sai Baba, whom his devotees worshipped as god, was suffering from multi-organ dysfunction.
Puttaparthi: The body of spiritual leader Sathya Sai Baba, who died on Sunday morning, will be kept at Prashanti Nilayam - his ashram in this pilgrim town - for two days to enable devotees to have a "last darshan".
According to the statement released by Sathya Sai Central Trust, the body will be kept at Sai Kulwant Hall at 6 pm on Sunday. The body will lie there on Monday and Tuesday.
The trust is silent about the last rites but it is likely to be performed on Wednesday at Prashanti Nilayam with full state honours. The trust has appealed to devotees not to rush to the hospital and have a last glimpse of Baba in an orderly manner.
It was at Prashanti Nilayam that Baba has been giving darshan and blessing his devotees for over four decades.
Sai Baba, whom his devotees worshipped as god, was suffering from multi-organ dysfunction. He breathed his last at the Sathya Sai super-speciality hospital, where he was admitted on March 28 with cardiac problems. He was 85.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes