Sathya Sai Baba's nephew Ratnakar questioned
Police had issued notices to two trustees of the Sai Central Trust - Ratnakar and V Srinivasan.
Puttaparthi: Late Sathya Sai Baba's nephew RJ Ratnakar was on Saturday questioned by police in connection with the seizure of Rs 35.5 lakh in cash from this Andhra Pradesh town recently. A team lead by the Investigative Officer, who is probing the case, quizzed Ratnakar at his residence in Prashanti Nilayam here, a senior police officer said.
Police had on Wednesday issued notices to two trustees of the Sai Central Trust - Ratnakar and V Srinivasan - asking them to appear before it in connection with the cash seizure.
Meanwhile, police concluded its questioning of Venkatesh, a personal assistant of Srinivasan, the officer said, adding that Srinivasan would be quizzed on Monday.
Three persons arrested in connection with the seizure of Rs 35.5 lakh in cash Harishnanda Shetty, Chandrashekhar Murthy alias Shekhar and engineer Sohan Shetty were on Friday granted conditional bail by a court.
Harishnanda Shetty is the driver of the vehicle that was transporting Rs 35.5 lakh which was confiscated during checking at Kodikonda check post under Chilamanthur police station limits bordering Karnataka on June 18.
The cash was recovered a day after Sai Baba's personal chamber 'Yajur Mandir' was opened and it was disclosed that it contained 98 kg of gold, 307 kg of silver, apart from Rs 11.56 crore.
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- US has Now Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Pak Nuclear Scientist
- Adnan Sami Responds To Haters After He Was Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 1st ODI, Sharjah
- Hillary Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers from Pakistan