Satisfied with my effort, says Mary Kom
"I want to continue playing the game," said Mary Kom after losing her semi-final and settling for a bronze.
London: MC Mary Kom, who settled for an Olympic bronze on Wednesday after losing her semi-final bout to local favourite Nicola Adams, said she was satisfied with her effort at the London Games.
"It has been a tough journey. I carried on with the support of family and friends. I want to continue playing the game. Despite the loss today, I am satisfied with the way I performed," said Mary Kom shortly after losing 6-11 to the second seed in the 51kg class.
Mary Kom, a five-time World Champion, became the second Indian boxer to win an Olympic medal after Vijender Singh.
Women's boxing made its Olympic debut in London.
Recommended For You
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- Remembering AmmaDid Jayalalithaa and Karunanidhi Ever Work Together?
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016
- In MemoriamJayalalithaa Filmography: 10 Musical Hits
- Starry nightVirat-Anushka to Saif-Kareena: The Star Studded Birthday Bash of Manish Malhotra