Satish Kaushik's 'Mayanagri' to roll in September
Filmmaker Satish Kaushik's 'Mayanagri', which deals with male prostitution, is finally ready to go on floors.
MUMBAI: Filmmaker Satish Kaushik's 'Mayanagri', which deals with male prostitution, is finally ready to go on floors. The director says he will start shooting the film starting September.
"Writing 'Mayanagri' was not an easy task. It's a very dramatic story of the 1980s and 1990s," Kaushik told IANS.
'Mayanagri' is a film adaptation of a book titled "Do Murdo Ke Liye Guldasta", written by Surendra Varma. Kaushik had taken its film rights way back in the 1990s. We will shoot few portions from September or October as there are (requirements of) some real sequences of Ganpati visarjan and rains in Mumbai," he added.
"It's a very interesting story of two boys - one from Delhi and the other from Mathura. The story is about gigolos and gangsters. It is a story of a dreamer from Delhi who comes to the city of Mumbai. The film deals with a subject of male prostitution. The place Mumbai also plays a prominent character in the film. I will make this film in a big way," he said.
The filmmaker says he has locked Randeep Hooda, Mahie Gill and Prashant Narayanan to essay key roles in the movie. "Randeep Hooda is a fantastic actor. His presence on screen is mind blowing. I am sure he will justify the role," said Kaushik.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- CBFC Refuses to Pass Lipstick Under My Burkha for Being 'Lady Oriented'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show