Satish Kaushik's 'Mayanagri' to roll in September
Filmmaker Satish Kaushik's 'Mayanagri', which deals with male prostitution, is finally ready to go on floors.
MUMBAI: Filmmaker Satish Kaushik's 'Mayanagri', which deals with male prostitution, is finally ready to go on floors. The director says he will start shooting the film starting September.
"Writing 'Mayanagri' was not an easy task. It's a very dramatic story of the 1980s and 1990s," Kaushik told IANS.
'Mayanagri' is a film adaptation of a book titled "Do Murdo Ke Liye Guldasta", written by Surendra Varma. Kaushik had taken its film rights way back in the 1990s. We will shoot few portions from September or October as there are (requirements of) some real sequences of Ganpati visarjan and rains in Mumbai," he added.
"It's a very interesting story of two boys - one from Delhi and the other from Mathura. The story is about gigolos and gangsters. It is a story of a dreamer from Delhi who comes to the city of Mumbai. The film deals with a subject of male prostitution. The place Mumbai also plays a prominent character in the film. I will make this film in a big way," he said.
The filmmaker says he has locked Randeep Hooda, Mahie Gill and Prashant Narayanan to essay key roles in the movie. "Randeep Hooda is a fantastic actor. His presence on screen is mind blowing. I am sure he will justify the role," said Kaushik.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP