Satya Nadella: The man most likely to be the next Microsoft CEO
Satya Nadella, a native of Hyderabad, has bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Mangalore University.
New Delhi: Microsoft cloud-computing head Satya Nadella is most likely to be its new chief executive. This would conclude a five-month long search for a heavy-hitter to lead the world's largest software company.
Satya Nadella, executive vice president of Microsoft's Cloud and Enterprise group is a native of Hyderabad where Microsoft has its largest non-US research centre - was promoted to run the company's fast expanding cloud, or internet-based, computing initiatives in July last year as part of current CEO Steve Ballmer's radical re-organisation of the company.
Previously, Nadella was president of Microsoft's $19 billion Server and Tools Business and led the transformation of the business and technology from client-server software to cloud infrastructure and services. His prior roles include senior vice president of R&D for the Online Services Division and vice president of the Microsoft Business Division.
Before joining Microsoft in 1992, Nadella was a member of the technology staff at Sun Microsystems.
Nadella earned a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Mangalore University, a master's degree in computer science from the University of Wisconsin and a master's degree in business administration from the University of Chicago.
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation