Satya Nadella: The man most likely to be the next Microsoft CEO
Satya Nadella, a native of Hyderabad, has bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Mangalore University.
New Delhi: Microsoft cloud-computing head Satya Nadella is most likely to be its new chief executive. This would conclude a five-month long search for a heavy-hitter to lead the world's largest software company.
Satya Nadella, executive vice president of Microsoft's Cloud and Enterprise group is a native of Hyderabad where Microsoft has its largest non-US research centre - was promoted to run the company's fast expanding cloud, or internet-based, computing initiatives in July last year as part of current CEO Steve Ballmer's radical re-organisation of the company.
Previously, Nadella was president of Microsoft's $19 billion Server and Tools Business and led the transformation of the business and technology from client-server software to cloud infrastructure and services. His prior roles include senior vice president of R&D for the Online Services Division and vice president of the Microsoft Business Division.
Before joining Microsoft in 1992, Nadella was a member of the technology staff at Sun Microsystems.
Nadella earned a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Mangalore University, a master's degree in computer science from the University of Wisconsin and a master's degree in business administration from the University of Chicago.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal