Satyajit Ray's son coming up with Feluda film
Feluda is a fictional detective developed by the filmmaker
As West Bengal celebrated the 90th birth anniversary of India's only Oscar-winning film director Satyajit Ray Sunday, his son Sandip announced he would make his next movie based on Ray's popular Bengali detective story in the Feluda series Gorosthaney Sabdhan.
Feluda is a fictional character starring in a series of Bengali novels and short stories written by Satyajit Ray. Feluda is a Kolkata-based detective who along with his cousin and assistant Topshe solves mystery cases.
"We have decided to adapt famous Feluda series novel Gorosthaney Sabdhan into a film. We will start shooting for it from next month," said Sandip Ray, himself an acclaimed film director.
Gorosthaney Sabdhan (Caution in the Graveyard) is one of the most popular stories in the Feluda series.
Sonar Kella (The Golden Fortress), Jai Baba Felunath (The Elephant God), Bombay er Bombete (Dacoits of Bombay), Koilash-e Kelenkari (Chaos In Kailas) and Tintorettor Jishu (Tintoretto's Jesus) are the popular novels in the Feluda series which have been adapted into films.
Sonar Kella and Jai Baba Felunath were directed by Satyajit Ray himself while the other three films were directed by Sandip Ray.
Several other stories of Feluda stories has also been made into television serials.
Several programmes were organised in the city and elsewhere in the state to celebrate Ray's birth anniversary. Ray is regarded as a trendsetter in Indian movies with acclaimed movies like Pather Panchali (Song of the Road).
All television channels also broadcast programmes on Ray.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week
- Donald Trump's Daughter Ivanka to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple in Virginia
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump