DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Disclose money spent on security of VIPs: SC to state govts
The court has also asked for clarification on how many people with criminal records are being provided security.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday directed state governments and union territories to disclose the amount of money being spent on providing security to VIPs. The court has also asked for clarification on how many people with criminal records are being provided security and how many relatives and family members of VIPs are being provided security.
This comes a week after the apex court questioned the Delhi police on providing security personnel to VIP instead of deploying them for safety of women. The SC's observation came after amicus curiae Harish Salve told the court that thousand of crores of rupees were being spent on VIP security.
Taking a tough stand on the issue, the apex court had directed all the state governments to file affidavits on police force engaged in providing VIP security. "What kind of money is being spent on this and who are the people who are being provided this security?" questioned the Supreme Court.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions