SC to review restraining order on Italian envoy
The Centre is also expected to make an announcement on the status of the trial of the two Italian marines.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court will decide on Tuesday on its earlier order to bar the Italian Ambassador to India Daniele Mancini from leaving India. The apex court had issued the order following Italy's decision to not send back the two Italian marines who were arrested in connection with the murder of two Kerala fishermen in February 2012.
The Centre is also expected to make an announcement on the status of the trial of the two marines, Massimiliano Latorre and Salvatore Girone. It is likely to inform the Supreme Court that the trial can be held in an NIA court instead of a special court.
On Monday, the Home Ministry handed over the investigation of the Italian marines case to the National Investigative Agency (NIA). Sources said the NIA was asked to take over the probe after the Supreme Court ruled Kerala police had no jurisdiction in the matter.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"