SC stays sealing, relief to traders
The Bench said it was staying the sealing till February 12 and posted it for further hearing on that date.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday granted a temporary relief to traders by staying the sealing operations of commercial establishments in the capital till February 12.
The relief came a week after the deadline for filing of affidavits ended on January 31.
A Bench headed by Justice Arijit Pasayat granted the reprieve in response to an application moved by the MCD seeking deferrment of the sealing operations in view of the Government's decision to notify the 2021 Master Plan for Delhi.
In its application moved through Standing Counsel Sanjiv Sen the MCD submitted that nearly 2,183 roads which were provided protection under the Delhi Laws (Special Protection) Act 2006 notification, have also been included in the MPD 2021 Master plan for the purpose of their regularisation.
Sen submitted that since the apex court had already decided to examine the validity of the Master Plan at its next hearing on February 20, the sealing operations could be deferred till then.
However, the Bench said it was staying the sealing till February 12 and posted it for further hearing on that date.
The MCD's move to file a fresh application for getting the sealing deferred followed the apex court's monitoring committee fiat on February 6, to the civic authorities to resume the sealings as the January 31, deadline for filing of affidavits had ended.
In its earlier order on February 2, the court made it clear that all matters relating to sealing will be considered once the MPD-2021 was notified.
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Ranbir Kapoor Dodges Question on MNS Ultimatum to Pakistani Artists
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak