SC criticises VIP security culture, questions usage of beacon lights
The apex court directed all the state governments to file affidavits on police force engaged in providing VIP security.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday criticised the culture of providing security to VIP personnel, questioning the usage of beacon lights by Sarpanches, Members of Legislative Assemblies (MLAs) and Members of Parliament (MPs).
Taking a tough stand on the issue, the apex court directed all the state governments to file affidavits on police force engaged in providing VIP security. "What kind of money is being spent on this and who are the people who are being provided this security?" questioned the Supreme Court.
The Supreme Court further observed that as many as five people had died in Hyderabad on a particular day as there was a VIP movement. The apex court blamed the culture of VIP security for the same.
Recommended For You
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology