DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
SC criticises VIP security culture, questions usage of beacon lights
The apex court directed all the state governments to file affidavits on police force engaged in providing VIP security.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday criticised the culture of providing security to VIP personnel, questioning the usage of beacon lights by Sarpanches, Members of Legislative Assemblies (MLAs) and Members of Parliament (MPs).
Taking a tough stand on the issue, the apex court directed all the state governments to file affidavits on police force engaged in providing VIP security. "What kind of money is being spent on this and who are the people who are being provided this security?" questioned the Supreme Court.
The Supreme Court further observed that as many as five people had died in Hyderabad on a particular day as there was a VIP movement. The apex court blamed the culture of VIP security for the same.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong