SC verdict on Bhullar: Punjab CM to meet PM today
Parkash Singh Badal is apprehending that hanging of Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar could vitiate peaceful environment of Punjab.
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and his deputy Sukhbir Singh Badal will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday, in connection with the death row convict Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar case. "Both Badals will meet the Prime Minister tomorrow (Monday) to seek commutation of death sentence of Bullar to life imprisonment," HS Bains political advisor on national affairs to Badal said in Chandigarh on Sunday.
Earlier, Akal Takth, the top temporal seat of Sikhs, had directed the SGPC, known to be mini parliament of Sikhs, to ensure measures to save Bhullar from gallows. Badal too had been maintaining that Bhuller's death penalty be reverted to life imprisonment.
The veteran SAD leader is apprehending that hanging Bhullar could vitiate peaceful environment of Punjab. Meanwhile, the Supreme Court lawyers HS Phoolka is prepared to file a petition in the court seeking mercy for Bhullar next week.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18