SC verdict on Bhullar: Punjab CM to meet PM today
Parkash Singh Badal is apprehending that hanging of Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar could vitiate peaceful environment of Punjab.
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and his deputy Sukhbir Singh Badal will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday, in connection with the death row convict Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar case. "Both Badals will meet the Prime Minister tomorrow (Monday) to seek commutation of death sentence of Bullar to life imprisonment," HS Bains political advisor on national affairs to Badal said in Chandigarh on Sunday.
Earlier, Akal Takth, the top temporal seat of Sikhs, had directed the SGPC, known to be mini parliament of Sikhs, to ensure measures to save Bhullar from gallows. Badal too had been maintaining that Bhuller's death penalty be reverted to life imprisonment.
The veteran SAD leader is apprehending that hanging Bhullar could vitiate peaceful environment of Punjab. Meanwhile, the Supreme Court lawyers HS Phoolka is prepared to file a petition in the court seeking mercy for Bhullar next week.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology