DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Schiavone, Pennetta back in Italy's Fed Cup team
The veterans sat out the first round when Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci led the Azzurre to a 3-2 comeback win over the United States.
Rome: Francesca Schiavone and Flavia Pennetta are back in Italy's team for a Fed Cup semi-final against the Czech Republic.
The veterans sat out the first round when Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci led the Azzurre to a 3-2 comeback win over the United States. Errani and Vinci remain in the team.
The semi-final is scheduled for April 20-21 on red clay at the Palermo tennis club.
It's the fifth straight semifinal for Italy, which won the title in 2006, 2009 and 2010. Last year at this stage, Italy lost to the Czechs, who have won two straight titles with former Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova leading the way.
Italy captain Corrado Barazzutti says, "I called up the strongest team we have." In past meetings, Italy and the Czechs are tied 4-4.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Pirates of The Caribbean-Salazar's Revenge Review: This One Doesn't Disappoint