Seaport-Airport Road: Second phase begins
KOCHI : The second phase development of the Seaport-Airport Road began on Monday. As the first step, Public Works Minister V K Ebr..
KOCHI : The second phase development of the Seaport-Airport Road began on Monday. As the first step, Public Works Minister V K Ebrahim Kunju inaugurated the survey activities for the road.
The first phase survey is being conducted from Pallilankara Thoshiba Junction to NAD along the HMT Road, Kalamassery.
Speaking after the inauguration, the minister said that the survey would be completed in 10 days. For the second phase development, land acquisition will be done in six villages. A total area of 13.65 hectors will be needed for development up to Nedumbassery.
When the road reaches near the Golf Club in Nedumbassery, there will be slight changes from the pre-planned draft, to ensure that the Golf Club is not affected.
The minister said that as part of the second phase development, bridges will be constructed at Thottumukkam Mahilalayam Junction and the island. Construction of the bridges is expected to be completed in two years.
The second phase development is expected to have a total project cost of Rs 662 crore. When the project was envisaged 10 years back, the total cost expected was Rs 100 crore only. The delay in construction has led to the additional cost, the minister pointed out.
An amount of Rs 45 crore has been allotted for the initial construction activities and survey. The work is expected to be completed in four years.
The minister said that the State government has been considering various aspects of the project including availing of loan for the purpose. The construction of the project is being done by the Roads and Bridges Corporation.
District Collector P I Sheik Pareeth, Kalamassery Municipal chairman Jamal Manakkadan, Land Acquisition Deputy Collector Mohandas Pillai and other officials also attended the function.
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'