DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Search continues for errant Merchant Vessel
KOCHI: The Navy and the Coast Guard ships continued efforts for searching survivors and identifying the merchant vessel which hit ..
KOCHI: The Navy and the Coast Guard ships continued efforts for searching survivors and identifying the merchant vessel which hit a fishing vessel on Thursday morning. Earlier, ICGS Savitribai Phule and C 144 of the Coast Guard had located the debris of Don-I - the fishing vessel.
Information accessed from various surveillance systems of Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre, Mumbai, and other agencies like Kochi Port was analysed to search the merchant ship involved in the incident. Two ships from Navy - Naval Dornier aircraft, and a Naval chetak helicopter borne on board INS Sarvekshak - participated in the operations from Navy.
Five ships and three aircraft were pressed into service by the Indian Coast Guard. ICGS Savitribai Phule, ICGS Lakshmibai, C 144, and INS Kabra continued the operation through the night. The Naval and the Coast Guard aircraft would join the search on Friday after daybreak, officials said.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes