DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Search on for former DMK minister Palanisamy
COIMBATORE: Police are on the lookout for former DMK minister Pongalur N Palanisamy in connection with a land grabbing case at Ava..
COIMBATORE: Police are on the lookout for former DMK minister Pongalur N Palanisamy in connection with a land grabbing case at Avanashipalayam in Tirupur District, in which a former DMK MLA has been arrested.
A land grabbing case was filed by Venkatesh of Palladam against the former MLA, A S Mani, his son and four others, including Palanisamy, party district secretary, who was allegedly present when advance payment of rs.five lakh was made for the deal for the land worth rs 1.74 crore,police said.
As the cheques for the balance payment bounced, Venkatesh sought police help to get the money or retrieve the land, where Mani's accomplices had put up some sheds and claimed the ownership, the complainant said.
Mani was arrested last evening based on the complaint and search was on for Palanisamy and others, police said.
Former Ministers Veerapandi S Arumugam and NKKP Raja and Chepauk MLA and party's South Chennai district secretary J Abazhagan, besides aides of Union Minister M K Alagiri, son of former Chief Minister M Karunanidhi,have already been arrested in connection with various land grabbing cases.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sachin - A Billion Dreams: Virat Kohli & Co to Watch Movie Together
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish