Sebastian Vettel fastest in practice sessions
Sebastian Vettel posted the fastest laps in both the first two practice sessions for the U.S. Grand Prix.
Austin, Texas: Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel posted the fastest laps in both the first two practice sessions for the U.S. Grand Prix on Friday. The Red Bull driver clocked a best time of 1 minute, 37.718 seconds on the new Circuit of the Americas track.
Friday's practice runs were the first time any of the teams had driven on the $400 million track, built specifically for Formula One. Vettel leads Alonso by 10 points with two races left and is trying to become only the third driver to win three world titles in a row.
Red Bull Team Principal Christian Horner said the course was very close to what the drivers had expected after practicing on simulators. Vettel, 25, will be starting his 100th grand prix this weekend with Red Bull also poised to clinch the constructors' crown.
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story