Sebastian Vettel fastest in practice sessions
Sebastian Vettel posted the fastest laps in both the first two practice sessions for the U.S. Grand Prix.
Austin, Texas: Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel posted the fastest laps in both the first two practice sessions for the U.S. Grand Prix on Friday. The Red Bull driver clocked a best time of 1 minute, 37.718 seconds on the new Circuit of the Americas track.
Friday's practice runs were the first time any of the teams had driven on the $400 million track, built specifically for Formula One. Vettel leads Alonso by 10 points with two races left and is trying to become only the third driver to win three world titles in a row.
Red Bull Team Principal Christian Horner said the course was very close to what the drivers had expected after practicing on simulators. Vettel, 25, will be starting his 100th grand prix this weekend with Red Bull also poised to clinch the constructors' crown.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Akshay Kumar to Star in Reema Kagti's Gold
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Mulayam Singh Explores Political Possibilities Amid Challenges Posed By Akhilesh
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Yadav Addresses Party Workers At SP Office Amid Cheers
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps