DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sebastian Vettel fastest in practice sessions
Sebastian Vettel posted the fastest laps in both the first two practice sessions for the U.S. Grand Prix.
Austin, Texas: Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel posted the fastest laps in both the first two practice sessions for the U.S. Grand Prix on Friday. The Red Bull driver clocked a best time of 1 minute, 37.718 seconds on the new Circuit of the Americas track.
Friday's practice runs were the first time any of the teams had driven on the $400 million track, built specifically for Formula One. Vettel leads Alonso by 10 points with two races left and is trying to become only the third driver to win three world titles in a row.
Red Bull Team Principal Christian Horner said the course was very close to what the drivers had expected after practicing on simulators. Vettel, 25, will be starting his 100th grand prix this weekend with Red Bull also poised to clinch the constructors' crown.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO