Secunderabad hotel collapse: Death toll rises to 15
The roof 80-year-old hotel gave way around 6:30 am, resulting in the building collapse, officials said.
Hyderabad: With the recovery of two more bodies, the death toll in the collapse of a hotel building at Secunderabad has gone up to 15 while 12 others are undergoing treatment in various hospitals.
Two more bodies have been retrieved since last night from the debris of the collapsed City Light Hotel and Bakery on Rashtrapati Road, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) Commissioner M T Krishna Babu said.
One person is said to be trapped under the debris and efforts were on to extricate him, he said.
The roof of the nearly 80-year-old City Light Hotel and Bakery gave way around 6:30 am on Monday, resulting in the building collapse, officials said.
"The injured were shifted to state-run Gandhi Hospital, where five among them were discharged while doctors performed surgeries on four others," officials had said.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test