Security analyst Subrahmanyam dies
Security and strategic analyst K Subrahmanyam died on Wednesday after a brief illness.
New Delhi: Security and strategic analyst K Subrahmanyam died in New Delhi on Wednesday after a brief illness.
82-year-old Subrahmanyam, who is survived by his wife, three sons and a daughter, breathed his last at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, family sources said.
He was suffering from cancer and diabetes but his end came after a heart attack, they said.
Subrahmanyam, a prominent international strategic affairs analyst, journalist and a former Indian civil servant, headed the Kargil Committee and was the founding Director of the security think-tank, Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses.
He also headed the Prime Minister's Task Force on Global Strategic Developments.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology