Security beefed up across Kashmir Valley
After a spate of attacks, security has been beefed up across the Kashmir valley.
Srinagar: Security has been beefed up across Kashmir Valley, especially in the summer capital of Srinagar, where militants recently carried out two attacks in as many weeks.
Official sources said that the police and CRPF have set up check points at various places in the city following intelligence inputs that militants might try to stage another attack on security forces in the city and have been asked to remain vigilant across the Valley.
On March 13, militants launched a suicide attack on a CRPF camp in Bemina locality of the city, leaving five jawans and two ultras dead and 11 others, mostly CRPF jawans, injured.
The attack was followed by an ambush by militants of a BSF convoy near Chanapora bridge last Thursday, resulting in the death of a jawan and injuries to two others.
Sources revealed that security forces conducted random frisking at various places in the city on Saturday morning, but no one was arrested during the operation.
Besides attacking security forces, militants also shot a youth dead in the Sopore area of Baramulla district and shot two police constables from close-range, in the Handwara town of Kupwara district, this month.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Modi combining best of Gandhi, Nehru to bring '3rd revolution' in India: Shimon Peres
- Israel will respond with "full force" if Syria attacks, says Peres
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18