DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi: CMO arrested on charges of raping patient
The doctor allegedly raped the 21-year-old girl after giving her soft drink laced with sedatives.
New Delhi: A 51-year-old Chief Medical Officer of a government hospital in New Delhi was arrested on charges of raping a 21-year-old patient after luring her into a clinic on the pretext of undergoing ultrasound scanning, police said on Wednesday.
Narendra Singh, CMO of Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital, advised the patient to undergo an ultrasound examination and took her to a clinic near the hospital on Tuesday, police said.
He allegedly raped her after giving her soft drink laced with sedatives. She later approached police and a medical examination confirmed rape. Singh was arrested on Tuesday night from Seelampur where he resides.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand