Delhi: CMO arrested on charges of raping patient
The doctor allegedly raped the 21-year-old girl after giving her soft drink laced with sedatives.
New Delhi: A 51-year-old Chief Medical Officer of a government hospital in New Delhi was arrested on charges of raping a 21-year-old patient after luring her into a clinic on the pretext of undergoing ultrasound scanning, police said on Wednesday.
Narendra Singh, CMO of Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital, advised the patient to undergo an ultrasound examination and took her to a clinic near the hospital on Tuesday, police said.
He allegedly raped her after giving her soft drink laced with sedatives. She later approached police and a medical examination confirmed rape. Singh was arrested on Tuesday night from Seelampur where he resides.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films