'Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu' completes 50 days
The director is currently busy with another Telugu film named 'Yevadu' and an untitled NTR Junior project.
Chennai: Telugu multi starrer family drama 'Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu' (SVSC) completed a successful run of 50 days at the box office Friday. Its producer Dil Raju is overjoyed by the success, and has thanked fans for this.
"I have had commercial hits in my career, but this is the first time I have tried something off-beat and it paid off.
All thanks to my director and actors for agreeing to be a part of the project. Initially, I was not open to the idea of a multi-starrer but Srikanth (director) convinced me,' Dil Raju told IANS. "I have never had fans call and congratulate me for my films, but this is the first time it happened. Since the release of the film, I've got so many calls and I'm extremely happy about it."
Directed by Srikanth Addala, SVSC stars Mahesh Babu and Venkatesh alongside Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Anjali. The film brings forth the importance of familial relationship through the story of two brothers. The film reportedly raked in over Rs 55 crore in two weeks since its release Jan 11. It was the first Telugu film to touch a million in the overseas market within two days of its release. Queried if he would make multi-starrer films again, he said, "I don't mind provided I get good story to invest in." Raju is currently busy with two Telugu films 'Yevadu' and an untitled NTR Junior project.
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Farooq Calls Meeting of Opposition to Discuss Kashmir Issue
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- Who Stands With Whom in Samajwadi Party Pariwar
- How Shivpal's Removal From Cabinet by Akhilesh Shocked the Mulayam Camp
- BJP Labels SP as Sinking Ship, Demands Akhilesh to Prove Majority