Selfie Craze Pushes Khandwa Youth to Brink of Death
A youth in Madhya Pradesh was electrocuted while clicking selfies atop an electric locomotive.
File photo of a man taking selfie. (Reuters)
Khandwa: A youth in Madhya Pradesh was electrocuted while clicking selfies atop an electric locomotive.
The youth identified as Shivam Upadhyay has been hospitalised with severe injuries.
The incident happened on Thursday when Shivam and two of his friends were returning from a Republic Day function.
While passing through a railway yard they saw a railway engine parked with no official around. Sensing a wonderful selfie opportunity they starting clicking selfies.
In his bid to be adventurous, Shivam climbed atop the locomotive to take pictures when he sustained electric shocks.
Police who reached the spot afterwards sent the injured to hospital and took the remaining two to the police station.
During police questioning, the two terrified youths narrated their selfie misadventure.
Shivam is recovering in a local hospital with severe burn injuries, the police said.
A rage of sorts among the youth, several people have been killed across the globe while clicking selfies dangerously.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli & Boys Start Training With an Eye on Wanderers Pitch
- Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy: Yuvraj, Harbhajan Star in Punjab's Win
- British Singer Ed Sheeran Gets Engaged to Childhood Friend Cherry Seaborn
- Filmfare Awards 2018 Red Carpet: Ranveer, Shahid, Alia and Kajol Outdo Fashion Classics
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More