DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Semi-finals postponed by rain at Newport
The semi-finals at the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships were pushed back a day after heavy rain wiped out most of play on Saturday.
Newport: The semi-finals at the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships were pushed back a day after heavy rain wiped out most of play on Saturday.
Following a rain-delayed, 90-minute on-court enshrinement ceremony for the 2013 class of the International Tennis Hall of Fame - which included Martina Hingis - and nearly a two-hour delay, wild card Nicolas Mahut of France and American Michael Russell played three points before rain moved back into the area.
The other semi-final between two-time defending champion John Isner, the No. 2 seed, and Lleyton Hewitt, the No. 4, never got underway. Hewitt called it "a long day" as he departed.
Both semifinals will be played early Sunday, with Isner and Hewitt on center court and the other match on a side court. The final is scheduled for Sunday.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Champions Trophy 2017: Australia - Strengths and Weaknesses
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Pirates of The Caribbean- Salazar's Revenge Movie Review: Live
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs