Semi-finals postponed by rain at Newport
The semi-finals at the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships were pushed back a day after heavy rain wiped out most of play on Saturday.
Newport: The semi-finals at the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships were pushed back a day after heavy rain wiped out most of play on Saturday.
Following a rain-delayed, 90-minute on-court enshrinement ceremony for the 2013 class of the International Tennis Hall of Fame - which included Martina Hingis - and nearly a two-hour delay, wild card Nicolas Mahut of France and American Michael Russell played three points before rain moved back into the area.
The other semi-final between two-time defending champion John Isner, the No. 2 seed, and Lleyton Hewitt, the No. 4, never got underway. Hewitt called it "a long day" as he departed.
Both semifinals will be played early Sunday, with Isner and Hewitt on center court and the other match on a side court. The final is scheduled for Sunday.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology