DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Serena, Federer in action on 1st day of Olympics
Wimbledon champions Serena Williams and Roger Federer are in action on the opening day of the Olympic tennis tournament on Saturday, returning to the centre court just three weeks after their triumphs.
London: Wimbledon champions Serena Williams and Roger Federer are in action on the opening day of the Olympic tennis tournament on Saturday, returning to the centre court just three weeks after their triumphs.
Williams faces Serbia's Jelena Jankovic in the second match on the 15,000 capacity court and is followed by Federer against Colombia's Alejandro Falla.
In the opening match, sixth seed Czech Tomas Berdych will play Belgium's Steve Darcis.
Federer's doubles partner Stanislas Wawrinka, and fellow flag bearers including Serbia's Novak Djokovic, Russia's Maria Sharapova and Wimbledon runner-up Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska have avoided an early start after Friday's late night opening ceremony, all beginning their first round matches on Sunday.
In the doubles, number one seeds American brothers Mike and Bob Bryan will play Brazil's Thomaz Bellucci and Andre Sa on Court 14.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes