Serena, Federer in action on 1st day of Olympics
Wimbledon champions Serena Williams and Roger Federer are in action on the opening day of the Olympic tennis tournament on Saturday, returning to the centre court just three weeks after their triumphs.
London: Wimbledon champions Serena Williams and Roger Federer are in action on the opening day of the Olympic tennis tournament on Saturday, returning to the centre court just three weeks after their triumphs.
Williams faces Serbia's Jelena Jankovic in the second match on the 15,000 capacity court and is followed by Federer against Colombia's Alejandro Falla.
In the opening match, sixth seed Czech Tomas Berdych will play Belgium's Steve Darcis.
Federer's doubles partner Stanislas Wawrinka, and fellow flag bearers including Serbia's Novak Djokovic, Russia's Maria Sharapova and Wimbledon runner-up Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska have avoided an early start after Friday's late night opening ceremony, all beginning their first round matches on Sunday.
In the doubles, number one seeds American brothers Mike and Bob Bryan will play Brazil's Thomaz Bellucci and Andre Sa on Court 14.
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- At paltry Rs 150 crore, gold bonds scheme fails to glitter
- PM's Diwali gifts: How to secure your gold through Centre's gold coin, monetisation and bond schemes
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's 'Sone pe Suhaga' offer for Indian women, launches first ever âGold coinâ ahead of Diwali