Serena Williams named WTA's Player of the Year
It is the fourth time Williams has won the award, which is voted on by international tennis media.
London: Serena Williams has been named the WTA's Player of the Year after winning major titles at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open, and claiming gold at the London Olympics. Williams, who has won 15 Grand Slam singles titles and four Olympic gold medals, was 48-2 over the final seven months of the season.
It is the fourth time Williams has won the award, which is voted on by international tennis media. She also was named Player of the Year in 2002, 2008 and 2009.
Only Steffi Graf (eight times) and Martina Navratilova (seven times) have won the award more than Williams.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot
- Virat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings