Serena Williams out to claim Dubai title for first time
Serena Williams is making her fourth visit to Dubai this week, and keen to claim a 48th career title.
Dubai: Pictures of past champions line the walls of the stadium hallways at the Dubai Championships. The women's victors include two-time winner Venus Williams, and two who are back this year, Caroline Wozniacki and defending champ Agnieszka Radwanska.
Venus' younger sister Serena is overdue to add her name and face to the star-filled corridors of Dubai Tennis Stadium. She's making her fourth visit to Dubai this week, and keen to claim a 48th career title.
The previous three visits didn't end well. On debut in 2005, she had to retire in the semifinals. In 2008, she withdrew before the tournament because of the flu, and in 2009 she fell to Venus in the semis. Serena became the oldest woman's player to reach No. 1 on Monday.
Recommended For You
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Donald Trump for Making Oscars Look Less Racist
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?