DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Serena Williams out to claim Dubai title for first time
Serena Williams is making her fourth visit to Dubai this week, and keen to claim a 48th career title.
Dubai: Pictures of past champions line the walls of the stadium hallways at the Dubai Championships. The women's victors include two-time winner Venus Williams, and two who are back this year, Caroline Wozniacki and defending champ Agnieszka Radwanska.
Venus' younger sister Serena is overdue to add her name and face to the star-filled corridors of Dubai Tennis Stadium. She's making her fourth visit to Dubai this week, and keen to claim a 48th career title.
The previous three visits didn't end well. On debut in 2005, she had to retire in the semifinals. In 2008, she withdrew before the tournament because of the flu, and in 2009 she fell to Venus in the semis. Serena became the oldest woman's player to reach No. 1 on Monday.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- England vs South Africa Live Updates: 1st ODI at Headingley
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes