Series of explosions in Iraq kill 16
Sources said the toll could possibly rise as some of the wounded were in serious conditions.
Baghdad: At least 16 people were killed and 30 injured when two car bombs ripped off a Shiite neighbourhood in Iraq on Thursday night, Xinhua reported.
The back to back explosions occurred in Shiite, dominated Shula district of the Iraqi capital city at night, with the first occurring outside a restaurant and the second near a football stadium, reported Xinhua citing a police source.
The toll could possibly rise as some of the wounded were in serious conditions, the source added.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology