Seth MacFarlane to host Oscars 2013
'Family Guy' creator Seth MacFarlane will host the 85th Academy award ceremony next year.
Los Angeles: 'Family Guy' creator Seth MacFarlane will host the 85th Academy award ceremony next year. This will be MacFarlane's first appearance on Oscar's stage. The gala awards night will take place on Sunday, February 24, the telecast producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced today.
"We are thrilled to have Seth MacFarlane host the Oscars. His performing skills blend perfectly with our ideas for making the show entertaining and fresh," said Zadan and Meron. "He will be the consummate host, and we are so happy to be working with him."
MacFarlane made his feature directorial debut with the box office success 'Ted'. He also co-wrote and produced the film, and voiced the title character. He is also the creative force behind the television series 'Family Guy' and co-creator of 'American Dad!' and 'The Cleveland Show'. An accomplished live performer, MacFarlane said it was an overwhelming privilege to host the Oscars.
"My thoughts upon hearing the news were, one, I will do my utmost to live up to the high standards set forth by my predecessors; and two, I hope they don't find out I hosted the Charlie Sheen Roast," he said. Academy President Hawk Koch said, "Seth is unbelievably talented. We couldn't be happier with the creative team we've assembled. With Craig, Neil, and now Seth, we're off to a great start."
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines