Seven killed in road accident as car driver sleeps
The jeep was carrying 10 persons, including the driver. Seven passengers were killed on the spot while three others were injured.
Mumbai: Seven persons were killed and three others injured in a road accident in neighbouring Navi Mumbai in the wee hours of on Monday, police said. The mishap took place when a jeep packed with passengers crashed into an unidentified heavy vehicle on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway while overtaking at Kalamboli at about 3.20 AM, they said.
The jeep was carrying 10 persons, including the driver Dhanaji Lodle. Seven passengers were killed on the spot while three others, two jeep occupants and the driver, were injured. They were admitted to a nearby hospital, police said. The jeep was heading towards Thane from Pune. According to the police, the jeep driver was sleepy while driving and he was asked by the passengers to be alert.
Among the passengers were a group of six people, who were returning home in Thane after attending a wedding reception in Satara, about 250km from Mumbai, police said. Lodle has been booked for rash driving.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"