Seven more die of cold in UP, toll rises to 109
Lucknow recorded a minimum of 0.8 degrees Celsius, six notches below normal.
Lucknow: Seven more lives perished due to severe cold in different parts of Uttar Pradesh, taking the toll in the state this winter to 109.
Two people each succumbed to cold in Fathepur and Pratapgarh, while Bahraich, Sitapur, Barabanki each witnessed death of one person, officials said here.
However, sunshine this morning brought some respite to people who were reeling under severe cold conditions that continued in most parts of the state, MeT department officials said.
The state capital Lucknow was the coldest place in the state and recorded a minimum of 0.8 degrees Celsius, six notches below normal. Varanasi recorded a low of 2.2 deg C, seven places below normal.
In Kanpur, mercury settled six places below normal at 1.9 deg C, while minimum temperature in Allahabad was 3.6 deg C, five places down.
Sultanpur recorded a low of 1.5 degree C, which was eight degree below normal and minimum temperature in Gorakhpur was 2.3 degree C, seven degree below normal.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance