DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Seven sentenced to life imprisonment for gangrape in Jamshedpur
<p><strong>Jamshedpur:</strong> A court in Jamshedpur on Thursday sentenced seven persons to life imprisonment for gang raping a newly married woman in 2011.</p>
Jamshedpur: A court in Jamshedpur on Thursday sentenced seven persons to life imprisonment for gang raping a newly married woman in 2011.
The 1st Additional District and Session Judge, Satyaprakash Sinha, found Nazir Khan alias Raju, Azad Khan alias Badshah, Shera, Zahir Khan alias Sunny, Kasim, Safizul Haq alias Thapa and Ravi Sharma alias Kalia guilty of gangrape and sentenced them to life imprisonment. The judge also slapped Rs 10,000 fine on each and they will have to serve one year imprisonment, if they failed to pay it.
According to the Public prosecutor, Virendra Prasad, the victim, a newly married woman from adjoining Purulia district of West Bengal, alongwith her husband visited her uncle's place in Barinagar under Telco police station in 2011.
On April, 25, 2011, the victim and her husband had went out for an evening stroll in the nearby Theme Park, where three youths caught hold of them and tied the victim's husband to a tree. Later, four others joined them and raped the woman one after another in front of her husband, he said.
Following the incident, a FIR had been lodged on the basis of the victim and her husband's statement. Police swung into action immediately and arrested all the accused within a short time.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere