Several players in Kabaddi WC trials test positive
Half of the players tested during selection trials for the second Kabaddi World Cup tested positive.
New Delhi: Half of the players tested during selection trials held early this month in Ludhiana for the second Kabaddi World Cup tested positive, the National Anti-Doping Agency said on Wednesday.
"The Selection Trial (Men) of 2nd World Cup Kabaddi, Punjab 2011 was held at Ludhiana on 5th October 2011 and the Dope Control Programme was organised by NADA as per the request of Director, Sports, Punjab Government," NADA said in a statement.
"A total of 51 urine samples were collected and deposited in the National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) on 6th October 2011. Laboratory analytical reports in respect of 21 samples have been received so far from National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL), 10 samples have been found positive, thereby resulting in anti-doping rule violation," NADA Director General Rahul Bhatnagar said in the statement.
"The first notices along with provisional suspension have been issued to the concerned. The prohibited substances found in these cases are stanozolol, boldenone, nandrolone, and phentermine (stimulant)," he said.
"NADA has taken this position very seriously as due to such high percentage of doping in Kabaddi, the overall impact on the doping scenario is affected, thereby sending a wrong signal to the sporting world regarding the dope control activities of India," he added.
Bhatnagar has communicated to Director, Sports, Punjab his grave concern and apprehension that the Kabaddi World Cup should not degenerate into a farce. The concern is also being communicated to the International and Indian Kabaddi Federation.
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager