Sexual harassment case: Navy officer's wife meets AK Antony
After the matter came to light, Antony had sought a report from the Navy on the allegations.
New Delhi: A Navy officer's spouse, who has levelled charges of wife swapping against her husband and his superiors in Kochi, met Defence Minister AK Antony to complain about the harassment faced by her.
The woman told Antony on Monday that she was harassed in presence of her husband and Antony assured her that proper investigation would be done and strict action taken if anyone was found guilty, Defence Ministry officials said here.
The woman has filed a complaint with the Harbour police station in Kochi and the Vasant Vihar police station in Delhi saying she was molested by senior officers in her husband's presence.
After the matter came to light, Antony had sought a report from the Navy on the allegations. The Minister has said that three investigations were on at the moment into the case and strict action would be taken against the guilty.
The Navy, however, has been busy covering up the whole issue and its officials have been dismissing her allegations saying there was no merit in the case and the whole issue was that of marital discord.
The Navy had even told the same to the Defence Ministry in its report.
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom