Shabana Azmi to get her fourth doctorate
Shabana Azmi has received the same honour from Leeds University in Britain, the Jamia Millia Islamia and the Jadavpur University.
Mumbai: Shabana Azmi is the most academically qualified actress in India by far and now the veteran actress is all set to receive another doctorate, this time from the Simon Fraser University in Vancouver Wednesday.
This would be the 'Masoom' actress's fourth honorary degree. Earlier, she has received the same honour from Leeds University in Britain, the Jamia Millia Islamia and the Jadavpur University.
"It's good to be honoured in a domain away from my home ground. For the academic world to acknowledge my contribution is gratifying. Yes, this is my fourth doctorate," said the actress known for her roles in 'Junoon', 'Sparsh', 'Saaz' and 'Earth'.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology