Shah Rukh: I gain weight when I am shooting in Punjab
Shah Rukh is bowled over by Punjab's hospitality and carefree nature of the community.
Chandigarh: Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, whose 'Chennai Express' will hit the cinemas next week, is bowled over by Punjab's hospitality and carefree nature of the community.
At Jalandhar yesterday along with co-star Deepika Padukone to promote the film, SRK candidly admitted that whenever he is shooting in Punjab he gains weight.
"I always gain weight when I am shooting in Punjab, as the people here are fond of rich food. Punjabi hospitality simply has no parallel," he added.
The Rohit Shetty directed 'Chennai Express' will hit cinemas next Friday. Khan also touched upon the carefree nature of the Punjabi community, saying they are full of life.
"I like Punjab very much, I love its food, its people, music and its green fields," he said.
The superstar also talked about the rich culture and heritage of Punjab and pointed out that most of the Bollywood films have a Punjabi touch.
Padukone, who was dressed in a dark orange Anarkali suit, performed on stage along with the megastar for the promotion of their upcoming movie.
Shah Rukh enthralled the audience delivering dialogues from his hit films including 'Dilwaale Dulhania Le Jaayenge', 'Baazigar' and some also from his upcoming film.
About 'Chennai Express', he said, "It is a great fun film, the kind I haven't done before and I promise it will be a great ride."
'Chennai Express', described as an action-packed romantic comedy, brings together SRK with his 'Om Shanti Om' co-star Deepika.
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- India's 'Eyes in the Skies' Gave Images for Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu