DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Shah Rukh Khan back to television
The actor shoots for a fiction show in Mannat
Bollywood badshah Shah Rukh Khan is back to his roots - the small screen. Nearly two decades after featuring in fiction shows like Circus and Fauji, the superstar recently shot a cameo for Colors' new show Sasural Simar Ka.The 45-year-old was quite excited about the shoot, and squeezed in time out of his choc-a-bloc schedule for it, said a source from the channel. The channel arranged to shoot the sequence at Mannat, his residence in Bandra, Mumbai.
"The story appealed to him as Sasural Simar Ka deals with a girl Simar, who can go to any length to make her dreams of a being an expert dancer come true," said the source.
Though the actor kept his strings attached to TV through reality shows like Kaun Banega Crorepati, Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain and Zor Ka Jhatka, this is Shah Rukh's first appearance in a TV serial ever since he achieved star status.
In his cameo in Sasural Simar Ka, Shah Rukh plays judge of a dance reality show Chak Dhoom Dhoom, in which Simar, the protagonist wants to participate without the knowledge of her father.
Actress Deepika Samson, who plays Simar, was on cloud nine after shooting with King Khan.
"It was a lifetime experience to shoot or be around SRK. I froze when I saw Shah Rukh. He made me feel so comfortable. I keep pinching myself to believe that I shot with him," said Samson.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes