DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Shah Rukh was the first choice for 'Munnabhai'
Vidhu Vinod Chopra also offered '3 Idiots' and 'Ferrari Ki Sawari' to Shah Rukh Khan.
Mumbai: Producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra says that Shah Rukh Khan had always been his first choice for most of his films, be it '3 Idiots', 'Munnabhai MBBS', or the yet-to-be released 'Ferrari Ki Sawari'.
"Shah Rukh was offered '3 Idiots', 'Ferrari Ki Sawari', 'Munnabhai' and other films. He is our first guy - we go to him first and if he says no, then we move on," Chopra told reporters here. Shah Rukh had backed out of 'Munnabhai MBBS' because of back trouble and could not do '3 Idiots' because of date issues.
If Chopra had his way, SRK would have been the Munnabhai of 'Munnabhai MBBS' and Sanjay Dutt would have played the small role of Zaheer, a cancer patient. "Today, I feel Sanjay is perfect as Munna and same way Sharman fits the central role in 'Ferrari Ki Sawari'. It is all about writing and getting the right actor for the right role, which is difficult," Chopra said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar